Japan Asia Investment Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) may, as a company conducting investment and other relevant business operations, acquire, utilize, and manage information relating to an individual by which a specific individual can be identified, or which can be readily collated with other information and thereby identify a specific individual (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”).
In doing so, the Company complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act”) and other relevant laws and regulations to protect Personal Information, and promotes various efforts to fulfill its social responsibility of handling Personal Information with the highest respect the will of each individual as much as possible.
The Company also reviews this basic policy as necessary in accordance with opinions from its customers, shareholders and other stakeholders, as well as revisions to laws and regulations in order to improve this basic policy, and if it revises this basic policy, it will publicize the revised version on its website.
1. Protection of Personal Information
(1) The Company shall comply with the Personal Information Protection Act and other relevant laws and regulations.
(2) For Personal Information it retains, the Company shall endeavor to keep the information accurate and updated, always be strongly aware of risks in management, such as loss, falsification, unauthorized access, and leakage of the information, and take appropriate security control actions in order to prevent such risks.
2. Handling of Personal Information
(1) Acquisition and utilization of Personal Information
The Company may, for business necessity, acquire Personal Information, such as name, address and telephone number. When it acquires Personal Information directly from the principal through, for example, receipt of a document, or otherwise lawfully acquire Personal Information, the Company shall inform the principal of or publicize the utilization purposes.
(2)Utilization purposes of Personal Information
The Company shall utilize acquired Personal Information for the following purposes:
(i) To confirm that a person is actually a shareholder of the Company or his/her agent, and to implement other various measures for making relationships with the shareholders appropriate and smooth;
(ii) For operations relevant to acquisition, holding, and selling of securities, etc.
- To find prospective companies to invest in;
- To consider investing in prospective companies to invest in;
- To implement services (including consulting) provided by the Company and its subsidiaries with the aim of improving the value of invested companies and perform related tasks;
- To sell or conduct any other transaction for held securities, etc. and perform related tasks;
- To exercise rights and perform obligations based on laws and contracts and perform other tasks related to investment;
- To provide information necessary for invested companies etc.;
(iii) For operations relevant to management of property of partnerships conducting investment and other similar funds
- To perform tasks related to establishment and operation of partnerships conducting investment and other similar funds;
- To confirm that a person is actually a capital investor of a partnership conducting investment or any other similar fund or his/her agent;
- To provide information necessary for capital investors of partnerships conducting investment and other similar funds;
(iv) For operations relevant to solar power projects and other project investments
- To promote the projects;
- To conduct operations for management of the projects;
- To make reports and various notices to persons involved in the projects;
- To exercise rights and perform obligations based on laws and contracts and perform other tasks related to the projects;
(v) To conduct operations related to financing, facilitation of financing, guarantee, purchase of monetary claims, and comprehensive management of them;
(vi) In the case where all or part of processing of Personal Information is entrusted from another business operator, to perform the entrusted operations appropriately;
(vii) To accept request for and send various documents, as well as provide necessary information;
(viii) To make decisions on recruitment at the Company;
(ix) To manage employment at the Company;
(x) To provide information on seminars, information-exchange meetings and other events held by the Company, and its subsidiaries and affiliates; and
(xi) To perform other tasks necessary for operations of the Company, and its subsidiaries and affiliates appropriately and smoothly.
(3) Third-party provision
Except for the cases specified in the following items (i) to (iv), the Company shall not provide personal data (meaning Personal Information constituting a “personal information database etc.”) to a third party without obtaining in advance the principal's consent. When entrusting part of its operations with the aim of conducting operations smoothly, the Company may provide Personal Information to a trustee. When entrusting its operations to a third party, the Company shall select a trustee who can comply with the Company’s personal information protection policy and shall supervise the trustee so that the trustee will maintain confidentiality of entrusted Personal Information and manage the entrusted Personal Information appropriately.
(i) Case in which Personal Information is handled based on laws and regulations;
(ii) Case in which there is a need to protect a human life, body or property, and when it is difficult to obtain the principal's consent;
(iii) Case in which there is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote the sound development of children, and when it is difficult to obtain the principal's consent; or
(iv) Case in which there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining the principal's consent would interfere with the performance of the said affairs.
(4) Joint utilization of personal data
The Company may jointly utilize the personal data specified in item (i) in the way specified below.
(i) Categories of personal data
Basic information, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and date of birth, as well as number of held shares and other information relevant to investment
(ii) Scope of jointly utilizing entities and utilization purposes
(Jointly utilizing entities)
- The Company’s subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as capital investors of partnerships conducting investment and other similar funds operated by the Company, and its subsidiaries and affiliates
- For project investments, companies that are business operators of projects which managed and operated by the Company
(Utilization purposes) The same utilization purposes as those specified in paragraph (2)
(iii) Entity responsible for information management in joint utilization
(5) Procedure for disclosure, etc. of Personal Information
The Company may receive a demand for disclosure, correction, utilization cease, etc. of personal data it retains. The Company shall respond to such demand within a reasonable period of time and to an adequate extent, only after conducting investigation necessary in terms of preventing leakage and securing accuracy of information, and when the demand is confirmed to have been made by the principal.
(6) Contact information for handling of Personal Information
Japan Asia Investment Co., Ltd.
(Tel: +813-3221-8518; From 8:50 a.m. to 5:20 p.m. on business days)
3. About Cookies